Sunday 17 April 2011

Husif - Mandy Shaw 2006

I bought the pattern from Mandy Shaw, Dandelion designs.  Red fabric was bought at a stand at the FofQs.  The bias binding was pre-made from the French stand.  It took 6 months or more to complete.  I picked it up & worked on it in between other items, so it seemed to take forever to sew up.  All the inside elements where edged with bias binding.  The pencil case simply fitted together & works beautifully.  The zip was open-ended.  It was the fist zip that I had inserted since leaving school.

Mandy Shaw states at the beginning of the instructions that you do NOT need to read through them before you start!  I can see why now.  It gets more complex as the wrap develops, I am really pleased with the result.  I use it for classes when I need to carry pencils..:)  Nice size to carry all my bits in.





No comments:

Post a Comment