Saturday 9 April 2011

Tezzie's Log cabin blankie - Jan 2007

I made the first cat blankie, from soft flannel fabrics, which I had been collecting to make up some Brenda Walker robins.  I needed some patterned fabrics for their legs, hats & scarves.  I had collected them together and took them to my Thursday morning Patchers Group at the Mitchells craft centre, Sutton Coldfield.  Dora spotted the stash from the other side of the table and said that they were too nice to chop up for robins...  they would make a lovely quilt - the colours, hues & textured worked together so well.  When I got home in took them out of my bag, laid them out on the table & Tezzie promptly came & stretched out on top of them, had a quick wash & then a nap!  A cat blankie was born.  lol

Tezzie helped me each step of the way. I used my new Brother Galaxie - with it's knee lift and automatic thread cutter. Cutting the sewing up time down for each block to 30 minutes :) from one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment