Monday 11 April 2011

Magical Mitre Bag - March 2011


I bought the kit from the Button Angel stand at the NEC, Nov 2010.  The fabric for the middle of the panels was very autumnal/flowery.  I bought Japanese Chrysanthemum fabric,with a gold metallic outline.  It suits the bag design really well.

I used buttons to embellish the heart-shaped zip pull.
I am using it everyday.  I am finding that one strap works quite well.

I did add a pocket inside but it really isn't deep enough to be practical.  It will need a rethink on future models.



I have been asked to make a bright green mitre bag - for Sarah.  (Work in progress.)  The green fabric that I used has an element of linen in it.  It is not as substainial as the brown fabric that I used in the first version.

No comments:

Post a Comment