Monday 18 April 2011

Scissor keeper - Ann's fabric.

I made this scissor keeper using some fabric given to me by Ann. 

I used calico one side and Ann's fabric on the other side.  I made two, one for my large dressmaking shears and another one for my 'sprung' pinking shears  :)  (I could really do with a third for some 'sprung' shears... maybe another day....)

Ann was a lovely lady, sadly missed.  She passed away after battling with cancer.  She still came to the Patching group, even when she was an her course of chemo.  She borrowed my Ricky Timms book and successfully completed a convergence quilt, in-a-week  :)   She used safari fabric, it worked really well.  She taught me a lot about 'finishing what you start'. Although Ann had started quilts for her seven grandchildren, sadly she never got to finish them all.  The Patchers dedicated the first Tuesday off the month to Ann's projects and managed to get them all done before Christmas of the same year. Fiona and Val did a lot of handsewing to get them completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment